Do-It-Yourself Beauty Remedies for Hair Loss and More
If you are interested in being referred to a hair loss treatment expert in your area, please complete the form at the end of this article.
Although miracle treatments don't exist, you can improve the condition of your hair with home beauty remedies for hair loss and other issues.
We all have hair problems -- dry, damaged hair; frizzies; flyaway hair; thinning hair and hair loss. You can run to the store or salon to look for the latest and greatest hair care products, or you can head to your kitchen and put together a concoction of your own. These homemade beauty treatments for hair loss and other hair concerns are easy to make and effective for many people.
Home beauty remedies for frizzy hair
Apple cider vinegar rinse - After you wash your hair with your regular shampoo, give it a final rinse with equal parts of apple cider vinegar and cool water.
Mayonnaise conditioner - Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with half of one fresh avocado. Apply the mixture on your hair from roots to tips; then cover your head with a shower cap or plastic wrap. Wrap your head in a hot towel and leave on for 30 minutes. Wash hair normally and repeat weekly.
Olive oil pat down - Fight the frizz with olive oil. Rub a small amount of olive oil into your hands and then run your hands through your hair, patting down any frizzy ends or flyaway hairs.
Other tips to fight frizzies
- Condition your hair daily with a moisturizing conditioner
- Skip the blow-dryer and let your hair air-dry
- Use a hair serum to smooth frizz and add shine
- Get your hair trimmed every six weeks
- Wear a hat -- it will hide frizzies and any hair loss issues
Home beauty remedies for dry hair
Banana nourishing treatment - Mash two ripe bananas with half a cup of organic yogurt. Apply the paste all over your hair. Let it sink in for 20-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and style as usual.
Smoothie hair mask - Blend half a banana, one-quarter of a cantaloupe, one-quarter of an avocado, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply the mixture to your hair from roots to tips and cover with a plastic cap. Leave in for 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
Eggs in oil - For a deep conditioning treatment that adds moisture and shine to dry hair, combine 3 whole eggs with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Apply to your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave in for 30 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
Home beauty remedies for hair loss and thinning hair
Epsom salts conditioner - To add volume to thinning hair, combine equal parts of moisturizing hair conditioner and Epsom salts in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Apply the warm mixture through your hair (don't burn yourself!) and leave in for 30 minutes. Rinse and style as usual.
Rosemary and sage shampoo - For centuries, rosemary, sage and other herbs have been used in Mediterranean areas to treat hair loss. Although not scientifically proven, this mixture may help stimulate hair growth and nourish your scalp.
Boil equal parts of rosemary, sage and nettle stems and leaves. Strain the liquid and add it into a small amount of castile soap to create shampoo. Use this weekly as a substitute for your regular shampoo.
Other healthy hair treatments
- Boil 1 cup of mustard oil with 4 tablespoons of henna leaves. Filter and massage on the scalp weekly.
- Mix amla (Indian gooseberry) powder with one whole egg. Apply to your hair and leave in for 30 minutes. Rinse out and wash hair as usual.
- Massage coconut milk into the scalp and hair. Leave in for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Repeat twice a week.
Please fill out the form below to be referred to a hair loss treatment expert in your area. You will be contacted by a hair loss treatment expert who will offer you a free consultation and offer you recommendations based on your own individual hair loss condition.
Hair Loss & Beauty Articles
- 10 Makeup Tips for Hair Loss Sufferers
- Women's Hairstyles for Thinning Hair
- 10 Steps to Healthy Hair and Skin
- Healthy Hair Tips of Celebrity Stylists
- Prevent and Fix Hair Disasters
- Hair Removal Tips and Techniques
- Why a Manicure and Pedicure?
- Detract from Hair Loss with Makeup
- The Health Risks of Hair Dyes
- Hairstyles for Women over 40
- Hair Loss & Style: A FAQ For Women