Here Are Bold Hair Styles for the Balding Rebels Among Us
Depending on where your hair loss occurs, there’s a lot you can still do with whatever hair you have left. Go ahead -- get with your hairstylist and let your freak flag fly!
If you’ve ever sung along to David Crosby’s “Almost Cut My Hair,” you know that whatever hair you have left is precious. So, what can you do with a great big bald spot ? Focus on the hair you have left! Maybe you’ve been noticing some hair thinning on the top of your head but you still have a dark, thick, full beard. Maybe your hairline is receding but you have lots of hair left on top and in the back. Maybe you have an amazing mustache and sideburns but a completely bald head.
Rely on the skills of your hairstylist and barber to help you look sharp. Think about what hair you do have and embrace your baldness in a way that is uniquely you.
Classic Counter-Cultural Hair Styles
The tuft: Shave the bald spots down and leave the healthy hair long in a strategic spot such as the front bangs or a top or back ponytail tuft.
The Mohawk: If your sides are thinning but you have lots of hair on top, shave it into a Mohawk. Mohawks can be short and understated; but if you’re young and bold, use your Mohawk to make a statement that has nothing to do with baldness.
The Santa: If you have thick white hair, don’t waste it by shaving it. Let it grow into a great thick Santa beard worn either smooth and groomed or wild and woolly.
The total shave: Have a little hair everywhere on your head and face? Wear the cool Bruce Willis close-shave look for your head, your beard, your sideburns and your mustache.
The stylized mustache: Make use of a dark thick mustache and beard hair by styling it and wearing it starkly and creatively. Add a soul patch, a goatee … Keep it thick or thin.
The soul patch: Wear it like Orlando Bloom and leave a small patch of facial hair just below the lower lip and above the chin, too.
The tattoo: When you start losing your hair, it’s time to start adding tattoos (and a beard if you have one).
The short beard: Shave your head, but let your short dark beard show off.
Please fill out the form below to be referred to a hair loss treatment expert in your area. You will be contacted by a hair loss treatment expert who will offer you a free consultation and offer you recommendations based on your own individual hair loss condition.
Hair Loss & Style Articles
- Short Hairstyles for Women's Hair Loss
- Develop Your Own Signature Style
- Retro Hairstyles for Men
- What Your Hairstyle Says About You
- Hairstyles For Women with Hair Loss
- Hide Hair Loss With a Great Style
- Hair Loss & Fashion: A FAQ For Men
- Hairstyles for Men with Thin Hair
- Hairstyles for the Bride & Groom
- Men: Dress Slim Without the Gym
- Women: Dress Two Sizes Smaller
- A Suit that Suits Your Body
- Hints to Overhaul Wardrobe Cheap
- The Advantage of Vintage Clothing
- Change Wardrobe with the Seasons
- Fedoras Hide Hair Loss and Add Style
- Five Hats All Men Should Own
- Hats, Head Coverings and Hair Loss
- Holiday Party Attire for Men
- Job Interviews: Overcome Hair Loss