Apply Beauty and Lifestyle Changes for the Coming New Year
Instead of setting yourself up for failure in the new year, put aside the unrealistic expectations and set attainable lifestyle goals.
As we kicked off 2011, many people around the world were making resolutions -- and most of them won't be kept. Generally, the majority of us make unrealistic resolutions, such as losing 15 pounds a month, never cursing again or attending church each and every week. It’s not too late to consider making these changes for 2011 that you can stick to -- they will make a real difference in your life.
Obesity rates are astronomical in our country. Instead of getting involved with fad diets and quick weight loss schemes, make a commitment to get active. Aim for 45 minutes of activity each and every day. It doesn't have to be a boring gym workout or running around the block. Get creative with your exercise. Playing at the park with your kids, hiking with friends or biking with your spouse are all fantastic ways to burn off calories, get fit and have fun too.
You can also incorporate exercise into your daily routine with a few simple changes:
- Never drive somewhere when you can walk
- Take the stairs, even when there is an elevator
- Walk on your lunch hour instead of eating at your desk
- When you go shopping, park farther away from the entrance than you need to
- Play with your kids outside every weekend
- Mow your grass with a push mower.
- Prune weeds, rake leaves and work in the garden
- Ride a stationary bike whenever you are watching TV or playing video games
- Walk your dog for 30 minutes every evening
- Stand whenever you are talking on the telephone
- Join a sports team with your co-workers or at your church
- Walk instead of using the cart when you golf
Get out of your rut
When it comes to personal style, we often get in a rut. If you haven't had a change in hairstyle in years or are wearing the same fashions season after season, it's time for a change.
Get a new haircut - A haircut is a simple change that can make you look younger and feel better about yourself. Trust your stylist and find a new haircut that flatters your face and is easy to maintain.
Look through magazines and find three or four different hairstyles that you like (they shouldn't be the same as your current style). Head to the salon with pictures in hand and show the stylist your ideas. Talk to about your hair concerns -- from split ends to thinning hair to significant hair loss. Work with your stylist to find the perfect style for your hair type, hair loss issues and face shape. You'll walk out of the salon looking and feeling fantastic.
Clean out your closet - Every three to six months, you should clean out your closet to take inventory of the clothes you have; shop for any essentials. When revamping your closet, separate your clothes, shoes and accessories into four piles -- Keep, Toss, Donate and Repair.
Clothes that are beyond repair can be tossed out or used for fabric remnants to make new apparel or decor. Items that are in decent shape but don't fit (or are out of style) can be donated to a local charity. Your clothing that needs mending or cleaning should be taken directly for dry cleaning or tailoring. If you tend to procrastinate, put this pile in your car right now; then you can drop it off the next time you are out and about.
Clothes that you plan to keep should be sorted by type, season and color. An organized closet makes it much easier to get dressed in the morning. Once you are organized, you'll be able to easily see what items you need to purchase.
Start wearing color - If your wardrobe is boring or you tend to wear too much black and gray, liven up things with a big dose of color. You don't have to wear head-to-toe bright red. Instead, add a punch of color through accessories such as hats, scarves, handbags, jewelry and shoes.
Wearing unique shoes, bold color or interesting prints will take the emphasis off your head (and hair loss) and put it on your fabulous sense of style.
You don't have to overhaul your whole look in the new year. Instead, make easy lifestyle changes that will benefit you in the long run with improved self-esteem and confidence.
Please fill out the form below to be referred to a hair loss treatment expert in your area. You will be contacted by a hair loss treatment expert who will offer you a free consultation and offer you recommendations based on your own individual hair loss condition.
Hair Loss & Wellbeing Articles
- About Erectile Dysfunction Drugs
- Achieve Peace with Your Hair Loss
- Addiction and Hair Loss
- Alternative Ways to Beat Depression
- An Introduction to Meditation
- Avoiding Plastics in Our Lives
- Choose Organic Grooming Products
- Confessions from a Full Head of Hair
- Dental Health Affects Total Health
- Detoxify Your Home and Your Life
- Emotional Health Through Meditation
- Examining Our Relationship with Food
- Fasting: Healthy or Not Healthy?
- Food Addiction: What’s Eating You?
- Hair Loss and Menopause
- Hair Loss and Stress Are Related
- Hair Loss: Acceptance Is Happiness
- Hair Loss: It Is All How You See It
- Hair Loss: The Story We Tell
- Healthy Skin For the Bald Headed